Member Solutions CSR
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Member Solutions Team Leader
Job Level / FLSA: Professional/Managerial #1 or #2/ Exempt
Date: Revised 9/9/2020
Member Solutions CSR’s are P&C licensed and are responsible for billing/payments, policy reviews, processing change requests, requoting, cross selling and retention of existing Personal Lines customers. Policies of focus will consist of home, auto and personal umbrella. The primary responsibility for this position will be the policy reviews, requoting and cross selling of existing customers.
- Communicates with members on all facets of their account service needs - policies, endorsements, proofs of coverage, etc.
- Handles requests from members for policy changes within the scope of their role, referring out-of-scope requests for underwriting review as needed.
- Respond to sales leads originating from phone calls or the Northern Neck Insurance website.
- Respond to requests for policy endorsements originating from phone calls or the Northern Neck Insurance website.
- Assists with account rounding in collaboration with agency partners.
- Ensures that member and policy information is kept up to date in LiNNKus and in activity tracking workbooks.
- Communicates with Underwriting team, staying abreast of NNINS account appetite.
- Keeps P & C license active and increases insurance knowledge by participating in continuing education opportunities.
- Responds as needed to claims-related inquiries.
- Handles inquiries from members, agents, mortgagees and NNINS employees regarding the direct bill system & postings, mail, and policy processing.
- Assist with all areas of payment processing as needed.
- Assist other functional areas with administrative assistance, as necessary.
- Must be able to travel for one or more days in accordance with the demands of the job.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- All employees are expected to participate in catastrophic events.
Basic typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word or similar product. Good organizational, record keeping and information processing skills. Ability to work cooperatively with Company personnel as well as Agents and Insureds. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Use courteous and professional speech and grammar. Must have the ability to speak in public representing the Member Solutions department at company functions/events. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Perform routine tasks with minimal supervision. Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to use 10 key adding machine.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Property and Casualty License required to discuss and advise on coverage, quote and bind. The ACSR ( Accredited Customer Service Representative or CISR (Certified Insurance Service Representative) is preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The job is done in an office environment. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, key numbers and handle paper documents and files. Must be able to lift more than 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with physical disabilities to perform essential functions.