Virginia homeowners insurance
Local homeowners insurance for Virginians, by Virginians
Whether you need coverage for inland flooding or house fires, homeowners insurance is there to protect your future. That's why we have created some of the best home coverages in the Commonwealth of Virginia. When you have a loss that is covered by a Northern Neck policy*, we will pay to:
- Rebuild or repair your home after a fire or major storm
- Replace your belongings if destroyed or stolen
- Pay for injuries and damages that occur on your property
- Cover your housing expenses if you cannot live in your home
Good rates, smart discounts.
We believe that you shouldn't have to break the bank to get your homeowners insurance. We have several discounts to bring you excellent insurance coverage at a fair price, enabling you to save money and invest it elsewhere. You can enjoy member discounts by taking care of your home and property. Additionally, you can get our fantastic discounts by:
Bundling Your Coverages
You can bundle your insurance by purchasing several policies, including auto insurance from NNINS. Bundling your insurance makes management easier and saves money since we offer special discounts on top of our competitive rates. Not to mention that you will only need to work with one insurance agent. Our multi-policy discount is automatically applied to policies in force at the effective date or within two months of the effective date. Here is how the discounts stack up:
- If you get auto insurance with homeowners insurance, you will benefit from a 25% discount.
- For home and dwelling insurance, you'll get an additional 1% discount
- If you get homeowners insurance combined with umbrella insurance, you'll enjoy a discount of 5%
- Home with several dwellings, will give you an opportunity to save 3% on your premiums
- For homeowners insurance and auto insurance, you'll enjoy a 10% discount
Installing Safety Equipment
Installing safety equipment proves that you care about the safety of your home. It also reduces the risk of property loss due to theft, vandalism, flooding, fires, and other disasters. When you install safety equipment in your home, inform us to gain a 2-5% discount on your premiums. Some safety equipment you can install to get this discount includes:
- Smoke detectors: Installing smoke detectors inside the house and throughout the home will help you detect the early signs of a fire and control it before it spreads.
- Deadbolt lock: These locks secure your home and make it difficult for anyone trying to break in. You can place them on all entry points for maximum security and a higher discount.
- Local fire and burglar alarm: A locally approved burglar alarm will alert you of the possible threats on your property and discourage burglars from breaking in which secures your property and identifies the fire at the source before it spreads.
- Monitored and approved security and fire system: You should take your home's security to the next level by getting a monitored security system to prevent burglary and vandalism.
At NNINS, we offer loyalty discounts to our loyal members to lighten their loads and build our relationship. You are awarded a discount when you renew your insurance policy over several years. The amount may vary based on your contract agreement. Contact your insurance agent to determine the loyalty available and how they can be factored in when calculating your premiums.
READ MORE: Find homeowners insurance near you: Richmond, Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Winchester.
If your house was built in 1975 or newer, you may qualify for our Superior Risk Endorsement which provides one of the best insurance values in Virginia. Our endorsement provides comprehensive protection, including earthquake and equipment breakdown coverages, so you can rest easy knowing you and your family are covered. Check out what's included:
- Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery and Counterfeit Money Increase Limit
- Earthquake Damage
- Loss Caused by Water Which Backs Up Through Sewers or Drains
- Sinkhole Collapse
- Equipment Breakdown
- Refrigerated Property Damage
- Personal Injury
- Special Debris Removal Coverage
What is the average cost of home insurance in Virginia?
According to MoneyGeek, the average cost of Virginia homeowners insurance is $2,058. This price can range widely depending on your coverages.
Is homeowners insurance required in Virginia?
Home insurance is not required by law in the state of Virginia. However, mortgage companies usually require it for loans, and acquiring home insurance can protect you from financial loss.
From heartbreak to home.
Long-time members and Virginia residents Ricky and Sandy Harper found their way back home after a devastating house fire.
Local agents, when and where you need them.
Imagine having a wise neighbor to guide you on all things insurance-related. From "am I covered?" to "is this a good rate?" to "a tree fell on my house, now what?" When you call our team, either at our headquarters or one of our licensed independent agents across Virginia, you'll get a friendly, local expert ready to help you with:
- Filing claims
- Getting things repaired or replaced
- Coverage questions
- Tips on protecting your home, saving money, and more.
Whether you're just getting started, or you've been a homeowner for years, we're your Virginia insurance experts.
* Good Counsel is Key - Our goal is to be helpful, but this information is never intended to replace the counsel of a licensed insurance advisor. Coverage varies from carrier to carrier and policy to policy. Claims are subject to the terms of your individual policy and are evaluated for coverage based on individual loss facts. Always seek the advice of an insurance professional when it comes to decisions and answers about your coverage. We’re happy to connect you with our knowledgeable insurance experts or an independent agent in your Virginia community.