Member Service Portal - Scheduled Outage

Our Member Service Portal will be unavailable from Friday, July 26th at 5:00pm to Monday, July 29th at 8:00am due to a scheduled update. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Inland Flood Coverage with Your Northern Neck Homeowners Policy

Yellow rubber duckyWith inland flood insurance protect your home against damage from:

  • Flooding from heavy rains
  • Overflowing streams or rivers
  • Snowmelt or mudflows

Talk to a local about getting covered.  I'm ready for a quote

Affordable inland flood coverage for Virginia homes*

Many other homeowners policies do not cover water damage from inland flooding. Our Inland Flood Endorsement fills the gap by adding flood protection to your NNINS homeowners policy. The endorsement is available to qualifying homes in low-to-moderate risk areas. For just a few dollars per month, you can add inland flood coverage to your existing Northern Neck Insurance homeowner, dwelling fire, condo, and mobile home policy. Bundling your policy can help you save money while staying protected.

What is an inland flood?

  • When inland streams or rivers overflow and inundate normally dry land
  • Unusual, rapid rain accumulation, runoff, or snowmelt that doesn’t drain away or soak into the ground
  • When water carries mud and becomes a mudflow
  • Important disclaimer: Inland flood coverage is not a substitute for the National Flood Insurance Program. 

What's the difference between Inland Flood Coverage and the National Flood Insurance Program? Read more.  


One size does not fit all.

Inland homes in low-to-moderate risk areas are typically not covered by federal flood insurance. But flooding affects inland homes for many reasons, including heavy rain, snowmelt, overflowing streams, and bad drainage areas. In fact, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), from 2014 to 2018, policyholders outside of high-risk flood areas filed over 40% of all flood insurance claims.

What does inland flood insurance cover?

  • Residence and certain other structures (e.g., shed, pool house)
  • Personal property, including basement or sunken room (sub-limits may apply)
  • Loss of use (sub-limits may apply)
  • Debris removal

What does inland flood insurance NOT cover?

  • Personal property located outside the dwelling or other structures on the residence premises and not fully enclosed.
  • Any structure or personal property located entirely in, on, or over water.
  • Open structures, boathouse, or any structure into which boats are floated.
  • Vehicles or recreational vehicles at the described location.
  • Lawns, trees, shrubs, plants, growing crops, or animals.
  • Accounts, bills, coins, currency, deeds, loan documents, medals, money, any substitute for legal tender, stored value cards, postage stamps, securities, bullion, manuscripts, or other valuable papers.
  • Underground structures and equipment, including but not limited to, private water wells, septic tanks, and septic systems.

Ready for personalized protection in Virginia?  I'm ready for a quote

*Inland Flood Coverage is not a replacement for the National Flood Insurance Program.