Personal Umbrella Insurance in Virginia
Umbrella Insurance: Protecting you and your assets.
How does a personal umbrella insurance policy work in Virginia? Let's say you own a home and have built a financial foundation for the future. You want to keep those assets safe. Unfortunately, we live in a world where liability claims and medical settlements can cost millions of dollars. Umbrella coverage protects you against major claims that extend beyond your standard Virginia homeowners insurance or auto insurance coverages — protecting your hard-won assets.
Real-life risk scenarios covered by umbrella insurance:
- A 12-year-old boy was injured by a neighbor's dog, resulting in a $500,000 verdict against the dog owner.
- A homeowner improperly installed a diving board which resulted in a serious injury to the home’s new owner and a settlement of $2,500,000.
- A teenage driver was ordered to pay $1.5 million to settle injury claims after he was found negligent in an accident that killed two people and injured a third. His parents' auto insurance paid only $300,000, but fortunately they had umbrella coverage that paid the remaining $1.2 million – protecting their assets.
Affordable umbrella protection in Virginia:
- Our basic umbrella insurance has a limit of $1,000,000.
- Increased limits up to a total policy limit of $5,000,000 may be available.
- Policies with youthful drivers are eligible for policy limits of $1,000,000 maximum.
PHOTO: WHITE STONE, VIRGINIA – BY JAY COLEMAN, IT TEAM