Department: Member Services
Reports to: Member Solutions Supervisor
Job Level/FLSA: Administrative/Operational Support #3 / Non-Exempt
Performs customer service and processing duties related to billing and cash receipts, telephone inquiries, printing, policy processing, scanning, indexing, filing and agency mailings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles inquiries from policyholders, agents, mortgagees and NNINS employees regarding the direct bill system and postings, mail and policy processing.
- Types correspondence, letters, and memoranda to agents and insureds regarding policy holders’ accounts.
- Prepares cash receipts for input into the computer.
- Performs data entry for posting premium and miscellaneous cash receipts, including pre-entry coding.
- Performs data entry for credit card and ACH payments.
- Prepares daily deposit, assists in print processing, scanning, policy processing, and telephone duties.
- Assist other functional areas with administrative assistance as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- All employees are expected to participate in catastrophic events.
Good organizational, record keeping and information processing skills. Ability to work cooperatively with Company personnel as well as Agents and Insureds. Basic typing skills with an ability to use a 10-key adding machine. Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Use courteous and professional speech and grammar. Must have the ability to speak in public representing the member services department at company functions/events.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job is done in an office environment. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, key numbers and handle paper documents and files. Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with physical disabilities to perform essential functions.