Territory Sales Representative - Personal Lines
The Territory Sales Representative contributes to the profitable growth of the company by formulating, implementing and executing the agency sales plans in southwest region of Virginia. The TSR manages agency business relationships by partnering with existing agencies and appointing new ones and is the primary liaison between the company and agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development, delivery, and monitoring of yearly Agency Sales Plan Agreements for assigned agencies.
- Coordinates training and/or trains agency staff in company products, marketing programs, underwriting focus, claims, loss control, accounting procedures, etc.
- Participates and provides essential information for the agency review process and carries out recommendations made during review process to include warnings, rehab plans and terminations.
- Recommends termination of agents who are not reaching goals
- Management and implementation of the agency segmentation process.
- Monitors and is Responsible for assigned territory agency production and loss ratio results.
- Scheduled and structured agency visits with documentation.
- Addresses agency concerns and acts as liaison between underwriting, claims and company issues. Works to resolve problems
- Gathers feedback from agencies and reports back to management
- Communicates key company sales, marketing, underwriting and claims messages to agencies
- Gathers and analyzes competitive data on competitors during agency visits (product, price, service, etc.)
- Collects data on key agent accounts, potential book rollovers and sponsored marketing opportunities
- Coordinates agency book rollover process
- Supports other agency development team members in resolving issues
- Identification of new agencies for assigned territory to prospect and appoint qualified agents to generate growth opportunities
- Participation in agent trade associations and meetings
- Maintenance of agency supplies and materials.
- Provides input for newsletters, web-sites, brochures, & other agent communications.
- Event planning and participates in agent, CSR and special event meetings
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Excellent written and verbal ability. Strong interpersonal skills with good ability to listen. Good attention to detail and ability to multi-task on a regular basis. The position requires patience and a willingness to work with people with conflicting views. Must be able to make difficult decisions to carry out agency management. Must be able to articulate Company position while understanding the agent’s needs.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience in sales, marketing or insurance. Underwriting or agency experience helpful. Virginia insurance license. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficiency in company systems and clean driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The majority of this job is done in the assigned territory, traveling and meeting with agencies and requires attendance at off-site meetings, conferences, and seminars.
It will include regular travel with some overnight travel. The physical demands require the ability to sit, talk, see and hear and to be able to operate an automobile, telephone and computer keypad.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with physical disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.