Entry Level Claims Specialist-Automobile Team
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
APPLICANTS MUST LIVE WITHIN A DRIVEABLE DISTANCE TO OUR IRVINGTON, VA COPORATE OFFICE
This is an entry level position with a salary range that is below $40k.
In this role, you will handle property damages to automobiles because of car accidents.
- Assist in providing excellent customer service to members, agents, claims staff, external customers through prompt response to verbal and written inquiries and courteous and professional behavior.
- You will either handle single vehicle accidents or the damage to autos from multi-car losses being handled by senior level claim specialist. You will be the point of contact for our Members and customers regarding estimates, repairs, and rentals when their vehicles are not drivable.
- You will gain experience investigating single vehicle accidents, reviewing policy contracts, and collecting statements from involved parties about the incident. Our Members will rely on your patience and attention to detail to collect facts about the accident.
- You will also negotiate with other insurance adjusters and attorneys to settle claims and ensure our policyholders get back on the road as quickly as possible.
- You will have the support of your team and supervisor, not only as you learn the expectations of you position, but also as you continue to grow in your role.
- All other duties that may be deemed necessary.
- All employees are required to participate in catastrophic events.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate but college degree or in pursuit of a college degree preferred.
- One or more years work experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Basic typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar products.
- Good organizational, record keeping and information processing skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with Company personnel as well as Agents, Insureds and Claimants.
- Competent in reading, writing and understanding technical and administrative material. Use courteous and professional speech and grammar.
- Basic math skills to include calculating percentages and averages.
- Must understand and execute instructions, complete and document tasks accurately and in a timely fashion. Perform routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to type, key numbers and handle paper documents and files. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with physical disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This job is done in an office environment. May be asked to accompany a member of the Claims Staff to visit Agents, Vendors or for an onsite claim inspection to assist in enhancing relationships and as part of ongoing training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with physical disabilities to perform essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time